Daisypath Vacation tickers
Elder Joshua David Lee
Brazil Vitoria Mission
Av. Joao Batista Parra, 633
Salas 1501-1502 Ed Enscada Office
Praia do Sua
29052-123 Vitoria - ES
Brazil

Monday, September 3, 2018

Week 38


Monday, September 2, 2018

This week was really good but really tuff. You know what they say about difficulties... I must really need to grow a lot. This Sunday we were able to bring 7 people to church with us and we and the other elders helped baptize an 84 year old woman. I did the interview for her. She is super funny. She was scared to be baptized because she doesn’t know how to swim. But she is amazing. She has issues with memories and always asked us if we already ate lunch 30 times per lesson. But when asking her to sign her papers to make sure she wanted to get baptized she said something I’ll never forget... she said, I may be 85 years old but I'm no idiot. I know That Jesus Christ is the only way back to living with God and I know that you are the only Church with True authority of God..... 

This week everyone has decided to start calling me Ken the Barbie. Including half of the members in the ward. But I think they know I hate it and they are just teasing. 

I got to do a division with Elder Nerdin this week who is the other American being trained by my Zone leader comp. We put up some great numbers and had a blast together. I forgot what it’s like to be out with an American. Ha-ha everyone wanted to talk with us and when we went to buy fruit the lady gave us tons for free. So we ended up giving her money anyways and she just gave us more fruit. Miracle of this week was getting my Brazilian mom to come to church with us this week. I really love their family. She and the daughter have a date for next Saturday in the next week. 

We also made cookies with a family this week and taught about all the ingredients coming together just like the gospel principles. That was a fun and tasty lesson. And Sunday a member made us panda express for lunch!!!! SOOOOO GOOD. And we had a day that got down to 65 degrees and I couldn’t leave the house without a jacket, hat, scarf and I wanted to use gloves but it would have looked really ridiculous... so I don’t know how I can return to the USA. You’ll have to pray for me here in 14 months. 

Over all, a good long week of working and praying and little miracles every day. I miss you all tons and hope that you are all doing well. Have a great week!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 97